While all 650 Dressbarn stores are slated to close, the retailer has announced the first locations that it will shutter.
Twenty-five stores will close in June and three in July, according to the list posted on the retailer’s website.
The list of closures comes a month after Dressbarn and its parent company, Ascena Retail Group, announced the brand’s “wind down.”
“This decision was difficult, but necessary, as the Dressbarn chain has not been operating at an acceptable level of profitability in today’s retail environment,” said Steven Taylor, Dressbarn chief financial officer, in a May 20 statement.
New Jersey-based Ascena’s other brands include Ann Taylor, Lane Bryant, Catherines, Cacique and Justice. The company recently sold its Maurices brand.
Store closings 2019: CVS, Payless and Victoria’s Secret are just some of the brands closing stores
Fred’s store closings: Discount chain closing another 49 stores this summer, see the list
Dressbarn officials did not immediately respond to USA TODAY’s request for comment about the closing process.
According to customer frequently asked questions on the Dressbarn website, there are no changes to Dressbarn’s return, refund, or gift card policies. All Dressbarn stores are open along with the website for the time being.
June Dressbarn store closings
- San Jose: Almaden Plaza, 5353 Almaden Expressway
- Southbury: Southbury Plaza, 100 Main St. North
- Mansfield: East Brook Mall, 95 Storrs Road
- Port St. Lucie: Landing at Tradition, 10748 SW Village Parkway
- Indianapolis: Willow Lake East Shopping Center, 2670 Lake Circle Drive
- South Bend: Erskine Village, 1290 East Ireland Road
- Wichita: Eastgate Shopping Center, 8143 E Kellogg Drive
- Springfield: Five Town Plaza, 354 A Cooley St.
- Diberville: Promenade Diberville, 3944 Promenade Parkway
- Branson: Shoppes at Branson Hills, 1013 Branson Hills Parkway
- Billings: Rimrock Mall, 300 S 24th St.
- Atlantic City: Tanger Outlet at the Walk, 108 North Michigan Ave.
- Glendale: Union Center, 89-89 Union Turnpike
- Watertown: Salmon Run Mall, 1300 Arsenal St.
- Monroe: Poplin Place Shopping Center, 3019 West Highway 74
- Concord: Afton Ridge Shopping Center, 6330 Bayfield Parkway
- Hilliard: Market at Hilliard, 1888 Hilliard Rome Road
- Tulsa: Tulsa Hills Shopping Center, 7418 South Olympia Ave West
- Seaside: Seaside Factory O/C, 1111 North Roosevelt Drive
- Johnstown: Richland Town Centre, 300 Town Centre Drive
- Florence: Florence Mall, 1945 West Palmetto Ave.
- Lebanon: Lebanon Premium Outlets, 270 Outlet Village Drive
- Texarkana: Central Mall, 3327 Mall Drive
- Fairfax: Greenbriar Town Center, 13015 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway
- Williamsburg: Settlers Market at New Town, 5225 Settlers Market Blvd.
July Dressbarn store closings
- Goodyear: Palm Valley Pavilions West, 1400 N. Litchfield Road
- Simpsonville: Outlet Shoppes of Bluegrass, 1155 Buck Creek Road
- Rochester: Panorama Plaza, 1601 Penfield Road
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko