SALISBURY, Md. – Perdue Foods is recalling approximately 31,703 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of bone, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Friday.
The fully cooked chicken products were produced on March 21. The following products are subject to recall:
- 11.-ounce plastic trays containing “Perdue Simply Smart Organics breaded chicken breast tenders – Gluten Free” with a “use by May 20 2019” and UPC bar code of 072745-001437 on the label.
- 12-ounce plastic trays containing “Perdue Simply Smart Organics breaded chicken breast nuggets – whole grain” with a “use by May 20 2019” and UPC bar code of 072745-001642 on the label.
- 12-ounce plastic trays containing “Perdue Simply Smart Organics breaded chicken breast strips – whole grain” with a “use by May 20 2019” and UPC bar code of 072745-002656 on the label.
- 10-pound bulk boxes of “Chef Quik breaded chicken tenders, boneless tender shaped chicken breast patties with rib meat” with case code 22143 on the label.
- 10-pound bulk boxes of “Chef Quik chicken breast strips strip shaped breaded chicken breast patties with rib meat” with case code 77265 on the label.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “est. p-369” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
E. coli risk: 62,000 pounds of raw beef recalled
Target: 90,000 USB cables that caused consumer finger burns recalled
The problem was discovered after the Food Safety and Inspection Service and the company received consumer complaints. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a health care provider.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be in consumers’ freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution lists will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers should call the Perdue consumer care line at 866-866-3703. Consumers with food safety questions can “ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at askkaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA meat and poultry hotline 888-674-6854 is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday.
Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online electronic consumer complaint monitoring system can be accessed 24 hours a day at: www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.