Walmart on Sunday rolled out its answer to rival Amazon’s Prime Day. The retail giant’s big Summer Savings event runs through Wednesday.
The sales event includes huge discounts on major electronics like televisions, video game consoles, laptops, tablets and Apple Watches as well as regular everyday items such as small kitchen appliances, sports equipment and toys.
Some of the eye-popping deals that were featured Sunday included:
- VIZIO 55-inc, ultra high definition Smart LED TV for $319.99, regularly $478
- Apple Watch Series 3 for $199, regularly $279
- KidKraft outside wooden play set for $229, regularly $550
- Google Home smart speaker and assistant for $69, regularly $129
- HP 15 laptop for $419, regularly $599.99
Mid-July has become a shopping event for bargain-hunting shoppers – a kind of summer Black Friday – as other retailers introduce big sales events to compete with Amazon Prime Day. The sales appeal to back-to-school shoppers and those getting a jump-start on holiday gifts.
Other retailers with major discounts this month include Target, Best Buy and Macy’s.
Macy’s “Black Friday in July” sale started July 8 in stores and online and will stretch through July 14. Target’s “Deal Days” takes place July 15 and 16 for online items. Best Buy’s sale will occur both online and in store.