— Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. However, our picks and opinions are independent from USA Today’s newsroom and any business incentives.
Prime Day 2019 has arrived, which means that now might be your last chance to score a solid deal on home theater gadgets until Black Friday rolls around later this year.
Our product experts spend all year testing and reviewing products to help our readers choose the best stuff to buy. This year, we’ve sifted through piles of Prime Day deals and plucked out the best ones we could find on TVs, streaming boxes, and speakers.
These deals are available today to anyone with an Amazon Prime membership, but act fast—things sell out quickly. We’ll be updating this list throughout the day as new deals arrive and old deals expire.
- Toshiba 50-Inch 4K Fire TV—$279.99 (Save $100.01) Arguably the biggest TV deal of the day is this 50-inch 4K Toshiba Fire TV, which is marked down considerably for Prime Day 2019. The sale covers both the 43- and the 50-inch version of the TV, but for the cost, we highly recommend springing for the 50-inch version. Although we haven’t had an opportunity to test this TV, the price is good enough on its face to make this deal worthy of consideration. For less than $300, you’ll be landing a relatively big TV with a built-in smart platform, 4K resolution, and HDR support. It even supports Dolby Vision, and while we don’t expect it to be a shining example of what the format is capable of, it’s worth noting that the non-Dolby Vision version is currently listed at a slightly higher price.
- TCL 50S425 50-Inch 4K Smart Roku TV—$279.99 (Save $20) This isn’t the best 4K HDR TV around, but it’s definitely one of the most affordable. We love the TCL 4 Series’ built-in Roku smart platform, and although its picture won’t turn any heads, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more value-packed 4K TV. For more information, check out our full review of the TCL 50S425.
- LG 86UM8070PUA 86-Inch 4K Smart LED TV—$2,196.99 (Save $1,102.01) This gargantuan TV from LG is enjoying a low, low price this Prime Day, but it’s not for everyone. Although we haven’t tested it in our lab, we can safely assume that its IPS-style panel is probably not going to produce the best contrast for the money. Still, for folks looking for a huge, room-defining TV, this is one of the lowest prices you’ll find for a TV of this size.
- Samsung UN65RU7300FXZA Curved 65-Inch 4K 7 Series Smart TV—$747.99 (Save $49.91) Believe it or not, curved TVs are still making the rounds, though they’re getting much harder to come by. If the trend continues, this might be your last chance to get a curved TV, so why not jump on the opportunity? We haven’t tested the curved Samsung RU7300, but a 65-inch HDR Samsung TV for under $800 sounds like a pretty good deal to us. You won’t enjoy the type of performance that you’ll see in higher-end Samsung TVs, but given the price, it’s hard to complain.
- Samsung QN65Q70RAFXZA Flat 65-Inch QLED 4K Q70 Series Smart TV—$1,497.99 (Save $700) The price of the Samsung Q70 is slashed for several of the sizes in the series, but we recommend jumping on the discounted 65-inch model. While we haven’t yet tested the Q70 in our lab, the TV’s quantum-dot technology tells enough of the story to earn our endorsement. Expect this TV to get quite bright—it’s the perfect addition to a living room that gets a fair amount of sunlight.
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote—$14.99 (Save $25) The most affordable Fire TV stick is at its lowest price ever this Prime Day, making it a no-brainer for folks who just want to start streaming as soon as possible and don’t mind missing out on a handful of key features. The entry-level Fire TV Stick comes with a second-generation, Alexa voice-enabled remote, streams full-HD content (up to 1080p), and if you buy today through Amazon, you’ll also land yourself $45 in Sling TV credit.
- Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote—$24.99 (Save $25) At a current discount of 50%, the Fire TV Stick 4K is also enjoying its lowest price ever on Prime Day. The Fire TV Stick 4K is quite similar to the entry-level Fire TV Stick, but as you might expect based on its name, this model supports 4K resolution, making it the better choice for people with 4K TVs. Additionally, the Fire TV Stick 4K supports Dolby Atmos, HDR, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, HLG, and HDR10+.
- Fire TV Cube—$69.99 (Save $50) The Fire TV Cube is a larger device than Amazon’s Fire Stick and offers a different variety of features, most of which involve Alexa voice recognition. If you already use and enjoy Alexa at home, the Fire TV Cube is aimed squarely at you. Although the Fire TV Cube is comparable to the Fire TV Stick 4K in its technical features, it’s worth mentioning that, when it comes to High Dynamic Range, the Fire TV Cube only supports HDR and HDR 10 and does not support Dolby Vision, HDR10+, or HLG.
- Fire TV Recast—$129.99 (Save $100) The all-new Fire TV Recast is perfect for cord-cutters who already own a Fire TV. With it, you can watch and record all of your favorite local, over-the-air programming, provided that you already own an over-the-air antenna and a compatible Fire TV device.
Speakers and Soundbars
- Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker—$18.78 (Save $7.21, with on-page coupon)
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker II, Midnight Blue—$89 (Save $40)
- Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System with Universal Remote Control—$199 (Save $50)
- Bose 301-V Stereo Loudspeakers—$328 (Save $110)
- Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System (THX, Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Certified)—$255.49 (Save $143.51)
- Sonos One (Gen. 2) Smart Speaker with $50 Amazon Gift Card—$179 (Save $70)
- Sonos Beam Smart TV Soundbar with $100 Amazon Gift Card—$359 (Save $135.99)
The product experts at Reviewed have all your shopping needs covered. Follow Reviewed on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest deals, reviews, and more.
Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.