Twitter’s career page lists a new “Tweeter in Chief ” position that the company is hoping to fill in San Francisco, New York “or any office in the US.” Whoever gets it has to run the @Twitter account.
”You’ll set the tone of who we are and how we act, and talk to people on Twitter, ” the job listing says. “No big deal.” It also calls for the person to “tell the story of Twitter’s purpose and product innovation.”
The job listing doesn’t say it, but you’ll probably also be on the front lines when people complain about Twitter, whether it’s the lack of an edit button (which users have been asking for for years) or Twitter’s involvement in the spread of misinformation.
And yes, you have to be “extremely plugged into Twitter culture, stan culture, and culture in general.” If that sentence confuses you, you’re probably not the right fit.
Video games: Addiction to gaming is officially considered a mental disorder, WHO says
iPhone issue: Why does my iPhone screen crack so easily and what should I do now?
The current account posts stuff like this, which subtly announced Twitter’s new option to retweet an account and add a GIF:
Here’s the full listing:
Tweeter in Chief
San Francisco, CA
Tweeter in Chief
San Francisco, New York or any office in the US
A thread (sort of):
- Tweet Tweet. You’ll be @Twitter on Twitter. Our Tweeter in Chief. You’ll set the tone of who we are and how we act, and talk to people on Twitter. No big deal.
- Twitter isn’t like other brands. We’re where all voices come together, where unique conversations happen every day. Twitter is what’s happening in the world, and what people are talking about right now.
- We have our own distinct story to tell, but we’re also host to the most amazing conversations in the world. We want to elevate and thank the people who use us. Spark conversations that highlight what unites us. Make the platform and world feel a little smaller.
- And yes, we want to tell the story of Twitter’s purpose and product innovation. These things might be donuts, summoning circles, Serena Williams or the launch of Retweet with GIF.
- You are a master in the art of Twitter, and want to take that passion and expertise to the ultimate, meta level of @Twitter.
- You’ll be writing the Tweets for @Twitter, setting the editorial direction and leading a team of incredible community managers. So every day you’ll be reacting to culture, as it happens.
- You are extremely plugged into Twitter culture, stan culture, and culture in general.
- You are obsessed with building communities and how content travels on the platform.
- You know what it takes to have a strong Social voice, and you practice what you preach.
- You are an expert storyteller and writer, and can apply that thinking to social voice, and creative activations in general.
- You love Twitter, and are passionate about our purpose and story.
- Proven track record of leading the voice/social copywriting for influential brands, with a particular emphasis on Twitter. Show us Tweets!
- Razor sharp editing skills; can digest the Twitter voice and apply to everything you do.
- Immersed in Twitter culture; you should know what’s happening before we do!
- Understanding of the broader marketing landscape.
- A desire to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail and comfort offering solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity.
- Proficiency crafting creative, inspiring stories that communicate complex concepts simply
©CNBC is a USA TODAY content partner offering financial news and commentary. Its content is produced independently of USA TODAY.