Connect with us

Fresh World News

Yosemite National Park remains closed after wind storm knocked down trees, caused millions of dollars in damage

Yosemite National Park remains closed after wind storm knocked down trees, caused millions of dollars in damage

DIGITAL MARKETING NEWS

Yosemite National Park remains closed after wind storm knocked down trees, caused millions of dollars in damage

Paul Davidson

| USA TODAY
Snow blankets Yosemite valley as authorities warn of storm conditionsThe Yosemite National Park shared footage of snow blanketing Yosemite Valley on November 8. It was the park’s first snow since being affected by the Creek Fire.
Sierra National Forest’s Twitter account shared pictures of the snow, taken aboutStoryfulYosemite National Park will remain closed at least until early next week following a pwerful windstorm Tuesday that toppled trees and caused millions of dollars in damage to vehicles, homes and park facilities.No injuries were reported as a result of the “Mono” wind event, which swept across the region in east-central California last week and caused widespread power outages.The “high wind event” left “downed trees, debris and damage to park facilities,” Yosemite officials tweeted Tuesday. Later that day, the park said it was assessing damage assessments, clearing trees and repairing facilities. The park, which tweeted pictures of trees that had fallen on homes and trucks, is tentatively set to open Tuesday.Among the trees knocked down were two giant sequoias, Yosemite spokesman Scott Gediman told the Sacramento Bee. He estimated damage to facilities, employee homes and vehicles in the millions of dollars, with the park’s Wawana community hit hardest. The event was the biggest in terms of wind speed and damage in at least 25 years, Gediman said.Yosemite National Park will remain closed at least until Tuesday, January 26, as a result of damage to park facilities caused by this week’s Mono wind event. pic.twitter.com/bKbhnwBFOK— Yosemite National Park (@YosemiteNPS) January 21, 2021Fortunately, the park is open only from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. because of California’s COVID-19 related stay-at-home order, limiting the risk of injury.Ford recall: Ford to recall 3 million vehicles equipped with defective airbags after losing fight with NHTSA


Source link

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in DIGITAL MARKETING NEWS

To Top
error: Content is protected !!